Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply.
Stephen R. Covey
- Are you maintaining eye contact with the person you are speaking to?
- Are you asking questions when you do not understand?
- Are you enlarging on the speaker’s ideas and showing your interest?
- Are you allowing others to express ideas without interruption?
- Are you paying attention to the body language used by the speaker?
- Are you sensitive to the speaker’s agenda?
- Do you concentrate on what the speaker is actually saying, not letting your mind wander?
- Are you aware of how your own emotions may color what the speaker is saying?
If you answered No to two or more questions, contact us!
Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don’t believe is right.
When people talk, listen completely. Most people never listen.
I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening.
Wouldn’t it be great to know exactly what is going in the head of the person you are talking to? While this workshop won’t make you a mind reader, you will learn four effective communication techniques to make your conversations more effective. You’ll practice active listening skills in this interactive, fun workshop and learn the difference between hearing and listening. When listening to a speech or conversation, you will learn the barriers to listening, and how to break down those barriers.
The United States Department of Labor identified Listening Skills as one of three foundational skills for job success. If you are in the workforce and want to move up, or plan to enter the workforce, Listening Skills are critical to your success. Learn to apply our Listening Skills Toolkit to your personal and professional relationships and become more successful in all your endeavors.
This solution-oriented workshop uses the latest training techniques which incorporate a variety of methods to accommodate different learning styles.
The importance of active listening, self-awareness, and appropriate responses are emphasized through the workshop. Time is taken to explore the attendees’ personal listening styles and validate the knowledge which the participant brings to the workshop. There are also ample opportunities to ask specific, detailed questions. After the workshop you will be able to:
- Build rapport with family and friends; co-workers and bosses; clients and customers;
- Better understand assignments and what is expected of you;
- Work better in a team-based environment;
- Find the underlying meanings in what others say + much more…
Life-Spark ignites constructive changes in your personal and professional life!
Leverage your success with Life-Spark!